Years ago, chances are anytime anyone was talking about “design”, they were most likely referring to graphic design. But with the digital world we live in today, filled with interactive screens and devices, that idea has changed a bit. It has introduced different kinds of design that can often be confusing for those outside the design industry.
Over time, graphic design has become pretty multifaceted. The overall concept is composed of different fields and specializations. Zaxxiss can help with these most common types of graphic design:
- Corporate Design – Corporate design has to do with the visual identity of a company. Any visual elements that make up a brands identity, such as a brand’s logo, can be associated with corporate design. This type of graphic design is used in brand marketing to communicate brand values through images, shapes, and color.
- Marketing and Advertising Design – Probably one of the most widely known types of graphic design: marketing and advertising. When most people think of graphic design, they’re most likely thinking of marketing and advertising design. Social media graphics, magazine ads, billboards, banners, brochures, email marketing templates, content marketing, vehicle wraps – all examples of this widely used type of graphic design.
- Publication Design – Publication design traditionally refers to print medium, but again, with the constant digitalization of our generation, it has crossed over to digital publishing. Publication designers need to work closely with editors and publishers to ensure layouts, typography, and illustrations are tastefully combined producing the best possible end result. Examples of publication graphic designs include books, newspapers, newsletters, magazines, and eBooks.
- Packaging Design – When you buy a new product, it most likely has some form of packaging or visual element such as a label, sticker, or wrapping that is used to prepare the product for distribution or sale; these elements are created by packaging designers. It’s crucial that these designers are aware of current trends within the marketplace to ensure successful product marketing.
- Motion Design – Motion graphic design is a subset of graphic design and it’s exactly what it sounds like: graphics that are in motion. This can include animation, video games, apps, GIFs, website features, etc. This is still a somewhat new area in graphic design as technological advancements have allowed designers to explore new mediums.